Panasonic offers a comprehensive lineup of high performance Photoelectric, Fiber and Laser sensors. Compact and miniature Photoelectric Sensors with easy-to-implement enclosure shapes are available with or without a built-in amplifier. Panasonic Optical / Photoelectric Sensors are ideal for reliable distance sensing applications in automation and production environments.
Panasonic’s Laser Sensors can detect opaque, translucent, and transparent objects and include self-monitoring Sensors for predictive maintenance. IP67 Rated Photoelectric and Laser Sensors meet the needs of industrial processes.Panasonic’s digital Fiber Sensors have built-in logic functions, a high visibility display and can be used in extreme environments. Some Fiber, Laser and Pressure Sensors are IO-Link compatible for easy networking.
The Image Sensors with SmartFSI® technology developed by Panasonic achieve high sensitivity, low noise and high color reproducibility to meet the needs of many markets including security, industry, medical, broadcasting camera markets.
OPTICAL / PHOTOELECTRIC SENSORS - FIBER SENSORS
Panasonic Fiber Optic Sensors and Sensor heads allow for stable detection in any application, even for use in hazardous environments. With over 180 Fiber Optic Sensor heads to choose from, your design is covered from every angle, whether your device needs long distance, a high-temperature rating, or if the board is short on mounting space.
- High Visibility Dual
- Digital Display
- 25us Response Time
- Active Threshold Tracking
- Built-In Logic Functions
- Interference Prevention
- Automatic Gain Compensation / Attenuation
- Multifunctional Input
- 8 Channel Memory
- 1000+ Fibers
- 67°F to +176°F Temperature Rating
FIBER SENSORS - COLOR DETECTION FIBER SENSOR FZ-10
FZ-10 Color Detection Fiber Sensors are equipped with three LEDs – red, green and blue – as their light source. This contributes to a long Sensor life and a high immunity against disturbances through ambient light. The RGB components of each detected color are processed digitally, thus the smallest differences will be detected by this Sensor. Even white and yellow can be distinguished.
By pressing just a single button, the Sensor memorizes the inspected color as a reference. Allowable deviations from this target color can be set with a 16-step tolerance adjuster. Four different fibers with spot diameters from 1 to 8mm and different sensing ranges are available for this Color Sensor. With a response time of only 1ms, FZ-10 Color Detection Sensors are also suitable for high-speed color-checking applications.
- Excellent Color Detection
- “Teach-In” Button For Easy Sensor Adjustment
- 16-Step Tolerance Adjuster
- Response Time Only 1ms
- Miniature Construction
- High Ambient Light Immunity
- Long Life
- Timer Function
FIBER SENSORS - SLIM BODY ANALOG FIBER SENSOR FX-11A
Panasonic’s Slim Body Analog Fiber Sensor FX-11A is a slim body analog fiber amplifier that allows for 1-5Vdc output when using Fiber optic sensing solutions.
- This Fiber Amplifier Incorporates An Analog Voltage Output Of 1-5V
- The Slim Designed Body Of 10mm Thick, Allows For Space Savings On Any Din Rail Configuration
- A Built-In Interference Prevention Function Is Used When Two Are Mounted In Close Proximity
- This Amplifier Also Has A Saturation Indicator When The Output Reaches 5V, Allowing Sensitivity Adjustments Without A Tester
FIBER SENSORS - EXTERNAL INPUT UNIT FOR DIGITAL SENSOR FX-CH2
The Panasonic External Input Unit For Digital Sensor FX-CH2 will allow external access for teaching, data bank switching and other functionality.
- External Input Unit Can Monitor And Change Setting Up To 16 Sensors
- External Teaching Can Be Done For Stable Sensing Applications.(Glass Substrates Or Sensing In Poor Environments)
- Data Bank Switching And Key Lock Function Can Both Be Performed
- Any PLC Or Touch Can Be Used Remotely To Perform Operations
FIBER SENSORS - DIGITAL FIBER SENSOR FX-500 VER.2
Equipped with the new “application-specific integrated circuit” (ASIC) and a maximum 25 μs response time, the FX-500 series is Panasonic’s advanced amplifier featuring high intensity light and bright dual digital display. The wire-saving block setup and optical communication function reduce the adjustment time as well as the footprint on the DIN rail.
- High stability
- Flat Display with Wide Viewing Angle
- Wire-Saving Setup and Optical Communication
- Built-In Logic Functions
FIBER SENSORS - DIGITAL FIBER SENSOR FX-550L
Panasonic Fiber Optic Sensors and Sensor Heads allow for stable detection in any application, even for use in hazardous environments. With over 180 Fiber Sensors to choose from, Panasonic’s offering covers a variety of key application requirements such as mounting condition, sensing distance, and temperature rating.
The FX-550L Series Digital Fiber Sensor has three times higher emission power and 1.6 times longer sensing range than conventional models. Higher incident light intensity results in more stable detection and easy beam axis adjustment, and IO-Link compatibility makes it possible to monitor, operate, and collect data from the sensor through an IO-Link master.
- IO-Link compatibility
- Incorporated high-level self-diagnosis function
- Higher emission power and longer sensing range
- Simplified functions for improved ease of use
FIBER SENSORS - DIGITAL FIBER SENSOR FX-300
Fiber Sensors have again taken another step forward. The deterioration of light emitting elements over time, previously accepted as unavoidable, as well as the conventional idea that Lenses could only be attached at the Fiber end, have now finally been overcome by Panasonic technology. A newly developed light eliminates deterioration, and by incorporating a Lens within the Fiber Sensor itself, stable long-range sensing for long periods of time is now possible for the first time ever.
- Long-Range Sensing Made Possible With Built-In Optical Lens
- Optical Communication Function Enables Data To Be Copied And Saved (Up To 16 Amplifiers)
- 35µs Response Time (FX-301HS)
- The Amount Of Light Emitted Can Be Selected Without Needing To Change The Response Time
- 4-Digit, 7-Segment Red LED Display And LED Indicators
- Only Two Switches, The Large Jog Switch And The Large Mode Key, Are Required For Operation
- Supply Voltage Via Only One Cable For Up To 16 Amplifiers
- Close Mounting Is Possible For Up To Four Fiber Heads
- Reduced Intensity Mode For Transparent Objects
- Window Comparator With Two Outputs (FX-305)
- Copy-Lock Function
- Optional: Settings For Up To 16 Fiber Sensors Can Be Changed At Once By Means Of External Signals (FX-CH)
- Optional: Up To 16 I/O Devices Can Be Connected At Once Using MIL Connectors (SC)
- Optional: External Communication Via RS485 (SCGU1485)
The complete line of self-contained and amplifier-separated Photoelectric Sensor solutions from Panasonic is anything but basic. Panasonic offers some of the smallest Photoelectric Sensors in the world for unmatched simplicity and versatility.
- Background/foreground Suppression That Protects Against Unwanted Detection
- Low Cost
- Small And Compact Size
- Built-In Amplifier
- Cable or M12 Connector Types
- IP67 Rated
- UL / CE / UR Approved (Varies By Series)