What is Paddle wheel aerator?
A paddle wheel is a form of waterwheel or impeller in which a number of paddles are set around the periphery of the wheel. It has several uses, some of which are:
Very low-lift water pumping, such as flooding paddy fields at no more than about 0.5 m (20 in) height above the water source
To move and mix algae culture in the raceway ponds used
- for aquaculture.
- Propulsion of watercraft
- Low head hydropower
- Flow sensors
Advantage of Paddle wheel aerators:
- Improves aeration in aquaculture.
- Circulates oxygen rich surface water by destratifying pond water column. This ensures uniform pond temperature and oxygen levels throughout the pond.
- Water lubricated bearing requires no additional lubrication or maintenance.
- One moving part; only 10 parts in total.
- No gearbox; thus no lubrication or frequent failures.
- Lightweight; can be moved from pond to pond by only one person.
- Aeration is done below surface; does not cause changes in temperature or salinity.
- High tech composition materials with corrosion free elements. Materials for Series II aerator used in aerospace and automotive industry.
- Able to adjust the angle for shallow or deep ponds.
- Viewed by industry as a farm investment.
- Operates consistently with fluctuating water levels.
- Precision engineered to stay afloat in all weather conditions.
- Strong customer service and field service departments.