The function of a cluster of capacitor bank installed in APFC Panel is to provide desired reactive power to the inductive loads (thus improvising power factor) and raise the voltage according to the required system strength and capacitor bank size.
APFC is an automatic power factor control panel which is used to improve the power factor, whenever required, by switching ON and OFF the required capacitor bank units automatically.
Capacitor Panels are special devices made to this end itself, as it verily increases the power factor correction by a large magnitude. Normally the electric load running all around a facility or residence is reactive in nature and can prevent in great losses as pointed to before.
- Four Quadrant Measurement.
- Accuracy of +0.8% for Reactive Power, + 0.5% for Current 6 or 12 steps to operate Capacitor Circuits.
- Precise and quick relay controls.
- Continuous monitoring of defective capacitor stages.
- Counting, Storing and Display of number of switching operation