Multimeter. Multimeters are the most versatile of the electrical testers and, as the name implies, they are capable of many different testing functions. All professional electricians own one of these tools.
Electrical testers survey, test and inspect electrical installations in homes and businesses. They identify faults and complete test reports to confirm which equipment is working safely and efficiently and which are condemned as unsafe to use.
A test light, test lamp, voltage tester, or mains tester is a piece of electronic test equipment used to determine the presence of electricity in a piece of equipment under test.
The standard electrical test kits consist of a multimeter, voltage tester and a receptacle tester. The voltage tester is used to identify voltage in circuit breakers, wires or outlets. At the same time, the receptacle tester is used to identify a common wiring problem.
- Electrical Wiring Continuity Testing.
- Electrical Insulation Resistance Testing.
- Electrical Earth Continuity Path Testing.
- Electrical Testing of Non-linked Single Pole Switches.
- Electrical Earth Resistivity Testing.
- Electrical Performance Testing.